Our Mission: to foster an agricultural program that integrates sustainable land stewardship, education and food-based community engagement. Collaborating with local farms, schools, and food pantries, TSGP aims to increase the amount of sustainably produced local food, especially for those in need; support the development of systems to get local food to consumers; and facilitate education to increase community engagement in local agriculture.
Seasonal Farm Crew 2020
Three Sisters Garden Project is a non-profit organization and community farm with a mission to increase access to local, fresh, and healthy food for everyone in our community. We use organic farming practices (but are not certified) to grow a wide variety of vegetables on 4 acres for our 150-member CSA, restaurant sales and our food access program, which includes subsidized shares and donations to local food pantries. For more information visit our website: www.threesistersgarden.org
We are currently seeking full time Farm Crew Members to join our team. This position will work under the direction of and in cooperation with the Farm Manager.
- Participate in all aspects of crop production, including but not limited to: seeding, transplanting, irrigating, fertilizing, weeding, thinning, and harvesting;
- Washing and packing produce for CSA and deliveries;
- Assist with tractor work and other farm projects as needed
- Greenhouse propagation and watering
- Engaging with CSA shareholders, volunteers, and other visitors
- A minimum of one year of organic vegetable production or other farming experience
- Experience with tractors and basic equipment operation
- Interest in and understanding of organic and sustainable farming methods
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate with a strong work ethic
- Must be willing to work long days in variable weather conditions
- Detail oriented and proactive
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Has strong communication skills and a willingness to receive constructive feedback
- Compensation is a competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Farm grown produce
- Paid vacation and sick days
- The chance to work alongside amazing staff and volunteers on a beautiful piece of land
This seasonal position will be from April through October (part time hours in Nov/Dec possible) The Farm Crew Member will typically work 40 hrs/week with less hours at the start and end of the season.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org